Sunday, July 22, 2007

on being in New York City

"And I looked out on the great city as so many before, which held it all. And it was that close, and it was mine." - Great Expectations, 1998.

I thought I'd drop a quick note before going to the Met with my aunt today. I'm in NYC for an intern extravaganza.

Something about this city makes anything seem possible. Maybe it's the height of the buildings, or the amount of people or the pace they move at. While listening to jazz at Lincoln center looking out over Central Park and the glittering night skyline last night, I had this moment of clarity. I have pictured my 20s in this city for as long as I can remember. And suddenly, I am in my 20s and it's thisclose.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, New York City...
:-)
So what was your verdict on the Harry Potter book?

MikeMan said...

So trite and cliche. I hate New York again.

Where I've Been