"I've always been the kind of only child that can entertain herself for hours without the company of others. In fact, I'm rather good company. I take me to tasty restaurants. I go to nice art museums. I people watch, window browse and generally enjoy wandering aimlessly. Me, myself and I are actually a pretty good way to spend an afternoon ... I've always had an innate sense that I don't need other people to be complete or content. I'm not going to hide in my apartment for hours because I don't have someone to go out with. That's not to say that I don't want someone to people watch with or someone to call up on a Sunday afternoon to wander with. I genuinely treasure the people in my life who matter, and the people in my life whom I love and who love me. And I wish they were here with me, exploring this city. But since they're not, I guess I'll just have to do."
Whatever happened to that me? The me that loved spending time with just me, vegging on my couch, reading a good book, trying out a new restaurant or grabbing a drink by my lonesome. Somehow, in the past three months I've become twisted into this lonely sad pathetic person. And I kind of hate it.
Note to self, remember that self is excellent company. That I have people who love me. That I am not alone. And that at some point at a later date I will look back on this time and give anything to have a few hours to watch Sex and the City reruns.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment