Monday, October 1, 2007

So it seems like blogging was the trendy thing to do this summer ...

and then everyone just kind of stopped, including me. Was it because I stopped having things to write about? That life suddenly became tranquil and predictable?

Hah.

Update 1: I am the news editor at a paper in Lake Tahoe, there are three (papers, not news editors, well there are three news editors but not at my paper ... you know what I mean). My days are spent editing other reporters and trying to figure out an environmental beat, which means I always have something to do. I love it. I hate not multitasking. I also hate not being in charge. Which is why this job is p-e-r-f-e-c-t for this point in my life and career.

Update 2: I live in Lake Tahoe, obviousish I know. It is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. And granted, I haven't been everywhere, but ... I wake up every morning, look out my window and thank the universe for being this nice to me.

Update 3: I'm the happiest I've been in a long time.

So I guess all the stress and strife of the summer was necessary, but ultimately pointless in looking back. And ultimately I've learned that if I try not to control life, to let it do it's own thing, and to let myself go along for the ride I'll be happy.

Like that's going to happen.

<3,

flanz.

3 comments:

Brian Duggan said...

Sigh...How many more months for me, now?

Unknown said...

I've only stopped blogging because of technical difficulties with colinloretz.com :) Keep on blogging in the Renosphere!

Jessica said...

Oh, happiness. It alludes me.
I'm working on it.

I miss blogging. Maybe I'll start up my blog again.

Where I've Been